Friday, April 22, 2005

NO MORE NOAA WEATHER ONLINE!!!

hrr
Hurricane Hugo, a killer storm

Now I am really pissed off. I use the NOAA Weather service online for many things. I do a great deal of work outside as well as run my farm. I need good weather analysis and data, much of it raw to evaluate what I am going to be doing. This has made my life very nice since I can gage very closely the complex weather systems over my farm which is in the Taconic Mountains of NY.

Now the GOP wants to eliminate this!

Do you want a seven-day weather forecast for your ZIP code? Or hour-by-hour predictions of the temperature, wind speed, humidity and chance of rain? Or weather data beamed to your cellphone?

That information is available for free from the National Weather Service.
The bill, introduced last week by Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., would prohibit federal meteorologists from competing with companies such as AccuWeather and The Weather Channel, which offer their own forecasts through paid services and free ad-supported Web sites.


We will "go to Mars" but will die in hurricanes or floods or freeze to death or lose all our crops or die in sand storms here at home on planet earth! What a visionary proposal! We will see the weather on Mars and be left to the tender mercies of the weather on earth!

This level of insanity is breath taking. All so that the online weather services can charge a buck off of us for information we already paid for via our tax dollars! In a nutshell, this is the future for America courtesy of the Republican penny pinching "we love monopolies and hate government services that are really useful or successful like Social Security" maniacs.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home